Here’s What It Take To Tone Legs
Do you look forward to leg day?
You should because leg day is probably the most physically and mentally demanding workout you will have during the week.
If you want to get sexy, toned legs you have to absolutely look forward to leg day.
Many dread leg day because of one exercise: Squats.
But it is the single most important exercise in your quest to get sexy and toned legs.
Squats hit every muscle in your lower body: thighs, hamstrings, calves, buttocks, hips and actively engages the abdominal muscles and the lower back.
Squats makes you work hard for every toned muscle in your legs.
The rule to getting sexy, toned legs is simple: You have to train your legs hard.
Now ladies, training your legs hard will not give you tree-trunk thighs.
Here are 2 reasons why:
- Your legs are used every day; walking, climbing up stairs or sitting up from the chair. All of these activities will keep your legs from growing bigger because your body will begin to consume a bit more muscle protein to save up on energy.
2. Women do not produce enough testosterone to build large, muscular legs. Your dominant hormone is estrogen.
If you want visual proof, take a look at the lower body development of female sprinters and figure skaters.
These women train their legs hard but they look sexy, sleek and toned with buns of steel!
Here are 3 leg workouts you can use to build sexy and toned legs:
Leg Workout 1:
Leg Workout 2:
Leg Workout 3:
This program requires you to train legs twice a week; preferably Monday and Friday.
Monday is a good day to train your legs because you should be well-rested from the weekend.
Setting your second workout on a Friday, gives you one rest day before training legs.
You should rotate each workout by following the sequence as it is presented. Your sexy and toned leg workout should look like this:
|1||Leg Workout 1||Chest/ Shoulders/ Arms||HIIT/ Sprints||Rest||Leg Workout 2||Back/ HIIT Complex||Rest|
|2||Leg Workout 2||Chest/ Shoulders/ Arms||HIIT/ Sprints||Rest||Leg Workout 1||Back/ HIIT Complex||Rest|
|3||Leg Workout 3||Chest/ Shoulders/Arms||HIIT/ Sprints||Rest||Leg Workout 3||Back/ HIIT Complex||Rest|
|4||Leg Workout 1||Chest/ Shoulders/ Arms||HIIT/ Sprints||Rest||Leg Workout 2||Back/ HIIT Complex||Rest|
A few notes on how to get great results from the workout:
1. Warm up by riding the stationary bike or walking on the treadmill with a 4% incline for 7 minutes.
2. Do dynamic stretching before exercising.
3. Before doing Squats, warm up with the empty bar by practising your form and technique.
4. Get in at least 3 warm up sets before getting to your working weight.
5. To find your working weight, find a weight that will allow you to hit all the sets and reps in perfect form and with a controlled, full range of motion.
6. Rest 1-2 minutes between sets and 2 minutes between exercises.
7. Do static stretching after each and every workout.
8. Stay hydrated throughout your workout.
9. After training replenish lost glycogen with a banana, a cup of sliced watermelon or coconut water.
10. Have your post workout meal within 60 minutes after you exercise. Choose a lean source of protein such as chicken breast, wild organic rice and cruciferous vegetables for carbohydrates.
If the weights are feeling lighter or if the program is becoming easier do not hesitate to add more weight, sets or reps. 2-5 kilos a week for exercises such as Squats and Romanian Deadlift and 5-10 kilos a week for 45 Degree Leg Press and Reverse Hack Squat will fast track your way to sexy and toned legs.