How To Do Cable One Arm Tricep Extension
Cable One Arm Tricep Extension Exercise
Cable One Arm Tricep Extension is a great isolation exercise for the triceps.
The underhand grip works the inner head of the tricep and gives a different feel for the exercise in terms of the stretch and contraction.
Cable One Arm Tricep Extension can be used as a warm up for the triceps and the elbows before doing any pressing exercise.
It is advisable to use only light weights for this exercise so you can focus on form and technique.
Cable One Arm Tricep Extension How To
- Position the cable handle of a cable machine station at a setting above your head.
- Take an underhand grip on the handle and move a few steps back to create tension on the cable. Tuck your elbow into your torso. Your forearm should be higher than parallel to the floor.
- Push the weight down by extending the elbow until lock out. Hold the bottom position for a count of “one”.
- Bring the handle back to the starting position. At the top position, your forearm is slightly higher that parallel. You must feel a stretch on your triceps.
- Once you have completed the targeted number of reps, switch arms and repeat the exercise. Perform the exact number of reps.
Form and Technique
Always keep your elbows tucked into your sides. Your elbows should not drift forward or backward.
Do not bend at the hips or use momentum to push the weight down.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps