How To Do Neutral Grip Lat Pulldown (V Bar Pulldown)
Neutral Grip Lat Pulldown Exercise
Neutral grip lat pull down is a fantastic upper back exercise that targets your lats and rhomboids, as well as the biceps as a helper muscle.
It’s great for improving strength and sculpting the definition in your the upper back.
Neutral Grip Lat Pulldown How To
- Locate a lat pulldown station and a V-bar attachment
- Adjust the knee pads to appropriate height in seated position.
- Grab the handle with both hands and lean back slightly – approximately 15 degrees.
- Retract the shoulder blades then pull the handle down towards the sternum. Exhale.
- Return to starting position as you inhale and repeat.
Form and Technique
Keep the upper torso rigid at all times and never allow momentum to come into play.
Do not engage the tricep and ensure that you are pulling down and back in a “J” shaped range of motion towards the sternum.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps