Swiss Ball Rollout exercise is a unique exercise for targeting the rectus abdominis and transverse abdominis which form the core of your abdominal muscles.
This exercise also engages the shoulders and the lower back muscles.
With Swiss Ball Rollouts you get a good stretch on your core muscles at the top position and a strong contraction at the finish.
Swiss Ball Rollout can be used as a finisher in an abdominal workout program where you can give the entire core section a good stretch.
Swiss Ball Rollouts Exercise How To
- Kneel in front of a Swiss Ball. Keep your toes firmly planted on the floor for better stability.
- Put your hands in a triangle position with the fingers touching the surface of the Swiss Ball.
- Slowly roll out the Swiss Ball by extending the hips and pushing out with your arms. Roll out the ball as far as you comfortably can.
- At the bottom position, your arms and legs should be extended. Your elbows should now be at the center of the Swiss Ball.
- Maintain a straight back position; keep your lower back aligned with your upper back and hips.
- Roll in the Swiss Ball to the starting position by contracting the rectus abdominis toward the transverse abdominis and flexing the hips.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
Swiss Ball Rollout places extreme compression forces on the shoulders and lower back.
If you have issues with your lower back and shoulders, go easy on this exercise.
At the bottom position, do not drop your hips too low or raise them too high. This will reduce tension on the abdominal section.
Routine for Strength: 5 sets x AMRAP (30 secs rest between sets)
Routine for Muscle Gains: n/a
How To Do Swiss Ball Rollouts
Exercises.com.au is Australia’s premier exercise and fitness website with over 1100 pages, 600+ exercise videos, 500+ articles on exercise, fitness, muscle building, strength training, toning, weight loss, nutrition, supplements and more!