Tuck Jumps exercise is an explosive exercise that works the core section primarily the rectus abdominis and transverse abdominis but also engages the quadriceps, gluteus muscles, hamstrings and calf muscles.
Tuck Jumps can be used as a plyometric exercise to develop power and speed or to prime up the hip flexors and leg muscles before performing leg and back workouts.
Tuck Jumps is a valuable exercise if you participate in activities that require power, speed and explosiveness.
Tuck Jumps How To
- Stand in a shoulder width position, angle your feet slightly out. Push your hips slightly back and your chest out to maintain a flat back position. Keep a slight bend in your knees.
- Bend you arms slightly and keep them alongside your hips.
- Slowly descend to the bottom position of the squat.
- At the bottom position, your knees must be directly on top of your feet and your hips below your knees.
- Explode up and off the floor by pushing your feet through the floor, extending the knees and pushing your hips forward to drive your knees toward the chest. Use your arms to drive your body up and get higher elevation.
- Land on the balls of your feet and stabilise your body. Reset your position then begin the next rep by dropping again to the bottom position of the squat.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
Tuck Jump is combining a bodyweight Squat with a jump.
Remember that at the bottom position, the hips should always be below the knees.
At the top position of the jump, try to touch your chest with the knees but if you can’t, your knees must still remain higher than the hips.
A good routine for Tuck Jumps is to do several sets of 5 jumps and rest 2 minutes in between sets for maximum recovery.
Routine for Strength: 5 sets x AMRAP (30 secs rest between sets)
How To Do Tuck Jumps
Exercises.com.au is Australia’s premier exercise and fitness website with over 1100 pages, 600+ exercise videos, 500+ articles on exercise, fitness, muscle building, strength training, toning, weight loss, nutrition, supplements and more!