How To Do Standing Machine Calf Raise
Standing Machine Calf Raise Exercise
Standing Machine Calf Raise is an effective exercise for isolating the calves but there is secondary emphasis on the glutes and hamstrings.
Standing Machine Calf Raise engages the core muscles to keep the upper body stable and the lower back supported.
This exercise is a great way to develop strength, mobility and flexibility in your calves which helps in improving balance and stability.
Standing Machine Calf Raise How To
- Place your shoulders under the pads of the Standing Machine Calf Raise. Hold the handles located on top of the pads for better balance.
- Step on the angled platform with the balls of your feet on the block and your heels in contact with the floor. Legs are slightly bent.
- Flex your calf muscles and raise your calves up by pushing with the balls of your feet. Raise your calves until you feel a good contraction.
- Hold the position for a count of “one”.
- Resist the weight on the way back to starting position with your heels touching the floor.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
Do not use heavy weights until you have found the correct range of motion. High reps produce better results for calves.
As this is a machine with safety catches, you can work your calves until failure to get better results.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps