High Cable Rear Delt Fly exercise is a great option for isolating the posterior muscles of the shoulders.
It also works the upper back, traps and engages the core muscles to keep the upper body stable and the lower back supported.
High Cable Rear Delt Flys can be used as a finisher in a shoulder or back workout. You can get better results by using light weight so you can focus on proper form and technique.
This exercise can add mobility to your shoulders which is essential for activities such as swimming, tennis, basketball, boxing and gymnastics.
High Cable Rear Delt Flyes How To
- Set the handles of cable machine at the highest position and stand in the center. Grab the pulley handles in a crossover position; right hand grabs left handle and left hand grabs right handle.
- Place one foot forward for better balance. Keep your core tight and an arch on your lower back throughout the exercise. Push your chest out.
- Take a deep breath, exhale then with a slight bend in your elbows pull the handles wide and back until a point that the handles are in line with your shoulders. Pull your scapulae blades together. You should feel a nice contraction on your rear shoulders.
- Resist the weight back to starting position.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
Always keep a slight bend in your elbows to keep the biceps from initiating the pull on the handles.
At the top position where the handles are pulled back and in line with your shoulders, your arms must be slightly straightened out to achieve full tension on the posterior muscles.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps
How To Do High Cable Rear Delt Fly
You Won't Believe Our Weird Car Exercises!
Exercises.com.au is Australia’s premier exercise and fitness website with over 1100 pages, 600+ exercise videos, 500+ articles on exercise, fitness, muscle building, strength training, toning, weight loss, nutrition, supplements and more!