How To Do Oblique Crunches
Oblique Crunches Exercise
Oblique crunches are one of the most popular exercises to target the oblique muscles, great if you want to define, strengthen and make your obliques pop.
When body fat levels are brought low enough and good oblique definition is in place, this can give you that ‘razor’ edge look to the side abs.
Oblique Crunches How To
- Lay on your back with both feet bent at 90 degrees, resting on top of a bench.
- Place both hands beside your head, making sure you do not interlock fingers behind the neck.
- Keeping the lower back in contact with the floor at all times, lift your right shoulder off the ground in the direction towards your left knee. Exhale.
- Lower back to starting position, inhale, and repeat for desired number of reps.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
Form and Technique
Do not pull on neck or use neck muscles to sit up to prevent straining your neck muscles.
Ensure that the opposing side of the lower back is in contact with the floor throughout the range of motion. Finally, remember to breathe as you do this exercise.
Routine for Strength: 5 sets x AMRAP (30 secs rest between sets)
Routine for Muscle Gains: 5 sets x AMRAP (45-60 secs rest between sets)