Cross Body Crunches Exercise
Cross Body Crunch is an effective exercise for targeting the rectus abdominis and the oblique muscles while engaging also the transverse abdominis and the serratus.
Cross Body Crunch also give the lower back muscles a good stretch.
Cross Body Crunch will build strength in your core section while improving stability, flexibility and mobility in your hips, trunk and lower back.
This is a valuable exercise to add to your program if you participate in activities that require trunk rotation such as tennis, baseball, golf and boxing.
Cross Body Crunch How To
- Lie on your back with your knees bent 90 degrees.
- Place your hands on the side of your head. Tilt your hips slightly toward your torso and keep your back flat on the floor.
- Contract the upper abdominals and flex the spine to raise your shoulders off the floor like in a typical crunch position. Turn your right elbow toward your left side while simultaneously raising your left knee toward your chest. Hold the position for a count of “one”.
- Go back to starting position and turn your left elbow toward your right side while simultaneously raising your right knee toward your chest.
- Hold the position for a count of “one”. Return to starting position.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps on both sides. Make sure you perform the exact number of reps.
Form and Technique
Always keep you back flat on the floor. You can do this by simply tilting your pelvis toward your upper torso.
Your hands should be beside your head. Do not pull on your head to raise the shoulders off the floor.
Routine for Strength: 5 sets x AMRAP (30 secs rest between sets)
Routine for Muscle Gains: n/a
How To Do Cross Body Crunches (1:24 Min Video)
Exercises.com.au is Australia’s premier exercise and fitness website with over 1100 pages, 600+ exercise videos, 500+ articles on exercise, fitness, muscle building, strength training, toning, weight loss, nutrition, supplements and more!