Rope Hammer Curl exercise is a great exercise for building the biceps and the forearm muscles.
Rope Hammer Curls are best performed as a finisher in your biceps exercise rotation.
You get better results from this exercise by using light weights and focusing on form and technique.
Rope Hammer Curl can also develop your grip strength.
Rope Hammer Curls How To
- Position the rope pulley at the lowest setting of the cable pulley.
- With both hands grip the ends of a rope pulley. Take a few steps back until there is more tension on the rope pulley. Lean back slightly and place one foot forward for better balance. Your elbows should be in line with your hips.
- Take a deep breath, exhale then flex at the elbow; contract your biceps and curl the rope pulley toward your shoulders. Squeeze the biceps hard at the top position.
- Resist the weight on the way back to starting position.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
Keep your elbows stable throughout the exercise.
Do not let your elbows move forward or back and always maintain a slight bend in order to keep tension constant on the biceps.
Do not bend at the hips or use body English to generate momentum and curl the weight.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps
How To Do Rope Hammer Curls
Exercises.com.au is Australia’s premier exercise and fitness website with over 1100 pages, 600+ exercise videos, 500+ articles on exercise, fitness, muscle building, strength training, toning, weight loss, nutrition, supplements and more!