How To Do Cable Hammer Curls
Cable Hammer Curls Exercise
Cable Hammer Curls is a fantastic exercise for your upper arms as it builds the biceps and brachialis which is the muscle on top of the forearm.
Cable Hammer Curls is great as a finisher in a biceps program. You can get better results with lighter weight so you can focus more on form and technique.
This exercise can also help develop your grip strength.
Cable Hammer Curls How To
- Position the rope pulley attachment of a cable machine at its lowest setting.
- Get a secure grip on the ends of the rope pulley. Your palms must be facing each other. Take a few steps back.
- Assume a shoulder width position then place one foot forward for better balance. Lean back slightly for stability. Retract your shoulders and get yourself in comfortable position. Your elbows must be slightly bent and in line with your hips.
- Take a deep breath, exhale then flex at the elbows. Contract your biceps and curl the rope straight up toward your shoulders. Hold the top position for a count of “one”.
- Resist the weight as you go back to starting position.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
Always maintain a slight bend in your elbows throughout the exercise. A bent elbow keeps tension constant and prevents over extension.
Do not bend at the hips or use body English to curl the weight up. Your elbows must remain securely in place at your hips.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps