How To Do Seated Leg Press
Seated Leg Press Exercise
Seated leg press is a fantastic strength development exercise for the quads and glutes and can be a great option for those suffering from back pain who are unable to squat.
Seated Leg Press How To
- Sit down in the seated leg press machine, back against the pad and feet placed firmly on the foot pad.
- Breath in and then as you exhale, press against the foot pad as you extend the knees.
- Continue extending until the knees are straight but not locked.
- Bend the knees again to return to the starting position.
- Continue until all reps are completed.
Form and Technique
While doing this exercise, watch your foot placement. The lower the feet are on the foot pad, the more quad-dominant this exercise will be.
Likewise, the higher they are, the more hamstring/glute activation you’ll receive.
Adjust your feet as desired depending on which muscle groups you most want to work.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps