How To Do Barbell Curl
Barbell Curl Exercise
Barbell curl is one of the most popular exercises you see in just about every gym.
When done properly, it’s a fantastic exercise designed to strengthen, define, and build the biceps.
Barbell Curl How To
- Grip a barbell with a shoulder-width grip. Stand with your back straight chest out.
- Keep your upper arms close to the body throughout the movement.
- Curl the weight up while keeping elbows pointing straight down.
- Pause at the top and squeeze the biceps
- Slowly lower the weight back down into the starting position and repeat
Form and Technique
It’s important to keep the back straight and never let yourself jerk the weight up as this can lead to injury.
Make sure the elbows are not drifting forward and always ensure a full range of motion by flexing triceps at the bottom.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps