How To Do Drag Curls
Drag Curls Exercise
Drag Curls is a great exercise for adding size to the biceps. It works the long head of the biceps which is responsible for its size and shape.
Drag Curls also removes the shoulders from the exercise which is the problem with traditional barbell curls and other curling exercises.
Drag Curls can be used as your primary biceps exercise and grouped with your back training program.
Drag Curls How To
- Take a slightly wider than shoulder underhand grip on a barbell. Assume a shoulder width stance; slightly bend your knees and elbows.
- Keep an arch on your lower back. Push your chest out and maintain square shoulders.
- Curl the bar by dragging it close to your body. Bring the barbell past your chest and contract your biceps as hard as you can at the top position.
- Resist the weight as you bring it back to starting position. Follow the same bar path which is close to your body.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
To get the best results out of Drag Curls, grip the barbell as tight as you can throughout the exercise.
Bring it up as high as you can; preferably under the chin, to get a strong contraction.
Do not bend at the trunk, use body sway or momentum to drag the weight up.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps