How To Do Box Jumps
Box Jumps Exercise
Box jumps are ideal for improving lower body strength, speed, and power.
It has a plyometric element to it, so it’ll help you work your fast twitch muscle fibres very well, which will then translate to you being able to give superior performance in other exercises you might do.
Box Jumps How To
- Position a box in front of you, standing in an upright position. Note the higher the box is, the harder this exercise will be.
- Bend both knees and then bound up, lifting both feet up to land on top of the box.
- Upon landing, straight up the knees so you are now standing on top of the box.
- This indicates successful completion, so you can now step down off the box and repeat as necessary.
- Continue until all reps are completed.
Form and Technique
While doing this exercise, ensure that you are landing with the entire feet up on the box, not just the toes otherwise you could end up falling off and injuring yourself.
Routine for Strength: 5 sets x AMRAP (30 secs rest between sets)
Routine for Muscle Gains: n/a