How To Do Incline Cable Curl
Incline Cable Curl Exercise
Incline Cable Curl is an effective exercise for developing the biceps and the forearm muscles.
Incline Cable Curl is best performed after a free weight biceps exercise such as Barbell Curl or EZ Bar Curl.
You get better results from this exercise by using light weights and focusing on form and technique.
Incline Cable Curl How To
- Set an incline bench at an angle of 45 degrees. Position the straight bar handle at the lowest setting of the cable pulley. Move the incline bench back so you can get more tension on the cable pulley.
- With both hands take an underhand grip on the cable straight bar. Sit and lie back on the incline bench. Make sure your back is firmly set on the pad. Your elbows should be in line with your hips.
- Take a deep breath, exhale then flex at the elbow; contract your biceps and curl the handle to your upper chest. Squeeze the biceps hard at the top position.
- Resist the weight on the way back to starting position.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
Keep your elbows stable throughout the exercise.
Do not let your elbows move up or down and always maintain a slight bend in order to keep tension constant on the biceps.
Do not lift your upper body off the incline bench in order to use momentum to curl the weight.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps