How To Do Cable Tricep Kickbacks
Cable Tricep Kickbacks Exercise
Cable Tricep Kickbacks is a great exercise for isolating the triceps and give it a strong contraction at the top position.
Cable Tricep Kickbacks is popularly used as a “shaping” exercise.
This exercise can be used as a warm up for the elbows and triceps before doing presses for the chest and shoulders.
It is advisable to use only light weights for Cable Triceps Kickbacks and focus on form and technique.
Cable Triceps Kickbacks How To
- Position the handle of a cable machine at the lowest setting.
- Take an underhand grip on the cable handle. Move a few steps back to create tension on the cable. Assume a shoulder width stance.
- Bend at the hips until your back is nearly parallel to the floor. Arch your lower back and tighten your core.
- Pull the handle close to the body. Tuck your elbow into your torso.
- Extend your elbow and pull your arm back until it is nearly straight. Hold the position for a count of “one”.
- Return the handle back to starting position by resisting the weight. Your forearm should be slightly ahead of your thigh and you should feel a nice stretch on your tricep.
- Once you have completed the targeted number of reps, switch arms and repeat the exercise. Perform the exact number of reps.
Form and Technique
Always keep your elbow tucked in your torso. Your elbow must not move forward or backward during the exercise.
Do not use momentum on this exercise. Focus on the contraction and getting a good stretch.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps