Frog Sit Ups Exercise
Frog Sit Ups is an effective exercise for isolating the rectus abdominis muscles. There is secondary emphasis on the transverse abdominis and serratus muscles.
Frog Sit Ups creates a strong contraction on the upper abdominals and constant tension at the bottom part of the exercise.
This is a safe way to work the upper abdominal muscles without engaging the hip flexors and placing unnecessary pressure on the lower back.
Frog Sit Ups How To
- Lie on your back on the floor.
- Open your legs in the frog position by bending the knees and keeping the soles of your feet in contact with each other.
- Place your hands behind your head but do not clasp them together.
- Roll your pelvis up toward your torso and flatten your lower back on the floor. Affix your gaze on a spot on the ceiling.
- Rotate your spine; contract the upper abdominals and raise your shoulders off the floor. Do not lift your lower back off the floor.
- Hold the position for a count of “one”.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
Keep your lower back braced on the floor throughout the exercise.
Do not arch your lower back in this exercise to keep the hip flexors from being activated.
To maintain constant tension, do not allow your shoulders to rest on the floor at the bottom position.
Routine for Strength: 5 sets x AMRAP (30 secs rest between sets)
Routine for Muscle Gains: 5 sets x AMRAP (45-60 secs rest between sets)
How To Do Frog Sit Ups
Exercises.com.au is Australia’s premier exercise and fitness website with over 1100 pages, 600+ exercise videos, 500+ articles on exercise, fitness, muscle building, strength training, toning, weight loss, nutrition, supplements and more!