How To Do One Arm Tricep Extension
One Arm Tricep Extension Exercise
One Arm Tricep Extension is an effective exercise for isolating the triceps.
This is best done after a compound exercise for the chest, shoulders and triceps to make sure the elbows are warmed up.
One Arm Tricep Extension requires proper form and technique to get the most of its benefits.
It is advisable to use only light weights for this exercise.
One Arm Triceps Extension How To
- Assume a shoulder width position, pick up a dumbbell and position it behind your shoulder with one hand.
- Tighten your core; keep an arch on your lower back and push your chest out slightly.
- Take a deep breath, exhale then press the dumbbell up by extending the elbow. At the top position, your arm must be fully extended. Hold the top position for a count of “one” and squeeze the triceps hard.
- Resist the weight on the way back to starting position. Lower the weight until a point that you get a good but comfortable stretch on your triceps.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
Make sure your elbow stays in place during One Arm Triceps Extension.
Only the arm should be moving up and down throughout the exercise.
Do not flare your elbow as this shifts the workload to the shoulders and places strain on the elbow joint.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps