Swiss Ball Hamstring Curls exercise is a dynamic and challenging exercise that effectively works the hamstrings and glutes.
Swiss Ball Hamstring Curls can be used as a warm up to prime the hips, lower back and hamstrings before doing Deadlifts, Squats or any physical activity that involves running, jumping and lateral footwork.
Swiss Ball Hamstring Curls How To
- Lie with your back on the floor and feet elevated on a Swiss Ball.
- Keep your arms out to the side for stability. Bring your feet closer together to engage the lower abdominals during the exercise. Your legs must be straightened out.
- Pull the Swiss Ball toward you by bending your knees and contracting your hamstrings and glutes. As the Swiss Ball approaches you, thrust your hips up to get strong contraction on your glutes and hamstrings. Knees should be at a 90 degree angle. Hold the position for a count of “one”.
- Bring the Swiss Ball back to starting position by lowering your hips than extending them forward followed by your knees. Keep your legs straightened out at the finished position.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
Keep your head and arms stable on the floor while performing Swiss Ball Hamstring Curls.
Do not raise your neck in a bridge position when pulling the Swiss Ball toward you.
Routine for Strength: 5 sets x AMRAP (30 secs rest between sets)
Routine for Muscle Gains: n/a
How To Do Swiss Ball Hamstring Curls (Swiss Ball Leg Curls)
Exercises.com.au is Australia’s premier exercise and fitness website with over 1100 pages, 600+ exercise videos, 500+ articles on exercise, fitness, muscle building, strength training, toning, weight loss, nutrition, supplements and more!