How To Do Cable Preacher Curl
Cable Preacher Curl Exercise
Cable Preacher Curl is a fantastic exercise for building the biceps and working the forearms as well.
The advantage of Cable Preacher Curl over free weight biceps exercises is that it puts constant tension on the muscles.
You get better results by using light to moderate weights for this exercise.
Cable Preacher Curl Exercise How To
- Set the angle of an incline bench at 45 degrees. Move it back slightly so you can create tension on the cable pulley.
- Position the straight bar handle at the lowest setting in the cable machine station.
- With both hands take an underhand grip on the straight bar handle. Place your elbows on the pad of the incline bench; the edge of the bench should be near your armpit. Keep a slight bend on the elbows.
- Bend your knees, lean back slightly and get into a comfortable position.
- Flex the elbows, contract your biceps then curl the straight bar handle toward your shoulders. Contract the biceps hard at the top position.
- Resist the weight on the way back to starting position.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Cable Preacher Curl How To
Always maintain a slight bend on the arms in order to keep constant tension on the biceps and to keep the elbows from over-extending.
Do not bend forward and use momentum to curl the weight up. Keep your elbows secured on the bench.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps