Lying Cable Curls Exercise
Lying Cable Curls is an exercise that perfectly isolates the biceps muscle although the forearms get worked as well.
With the lying position, your body would not be able to bend forward and use momentum to curl the weight up.
This makes Lying Cable Curls a great exercise for focusing on the biceps. The range of motion is limited but more effort will be done by the biceps.
Lying Cable Curls is a great finishing exercise in your biceps rotation.
Lying Cable Curls How To
- Position the straight bar handle at the lowest setting of a cable pulley machine.
- With both hands take an underhand grip on the straight bar handle.
- Lie on your back and bend your knees. Keep your thighs close together so you can engage the lower abdominal muscles for better stability.
- Make sure your feet are firmly planted on the floor. Your elbows must be slightly bent and in line with your hips.
- Take a deep breath, exhale then flex at the elbows. Contract your biceps and curl the straight bar handle to your chest. Hold the position for a count of “one”.
- Resist the weight and bring the handle back to starting position.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
Always make sure your elbows are tucked in to your sides and in line with your hips.
The elbows must be kept in place and slightly bent to maintain constant tension on the biceps
Do not raise your upper body off the floor and use momentum to curl the weight.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps
How To Do Lying Cable Curls
Exercises.com.au is Australia’s premier exercise and fitness website with over 1100 pages, 600+ exercise videos, 500+ articles on exercise, fitness, muscle building, strength training, toning, weight loss, nutrition, supplements and more!