How To Do Janda Sit Up
Janda Sit Up Exercise
Janda Sit Up is a great exercise to target the abdominal muscles primarily the rectus abdominis.
It also activates the hip flexors at the top position which brings the transverse abdominis in the exercise.
Janda Sit Up will build strength in the core section and improve the level of flexibility, mobility and stability in the hips and lower back.
This exercise can be done as part of an interval training program to increase your level of conditioning.
Janda Sit Up How To
- Lie on your back on the floor. Bend your knees at a 90 degree angle. Cross your arms in front of our chest.
- Tilt your pelvis toward your upper torso and keep your back flat.
- Contract your upper abdominals by pulling them toward your ribcage.
- Curve your spine to bring your shoulders off the floor.
- Contract your hip flexors to bring your upper body toward your knees.
- Touch your knees with your elbows.
- Return to starting position by extending at the hips and slowly lowering your body.
- Gently bring your shoulders back to the floor.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
In Janda Sit Up do not use momentum to raise your upper body off the floor.
Always contract the abdominal muscles, curve the spine and engage the hip flexors to elevate your upper body off the floor.
If you want to engage your lower abdominals more, keep your bent knees closer together.
Routine for Strength: 5 sets x AMRAP (30 secs rest between sets)
Routine for Muscle Gains: n/a