How To Do Smith Machine Incline Press
Smith Machine Incline Press Exercise
Smith machine incline press is a terrific exercise to build upper body strength and power as it’ll primarily hit the chest, shoulders, as well as the triceps.
Do this whenever you don’t have a spotter around and want to challenge yourself with a heavy weight.
By using the incline, you’ll hit more of the upper pectoral area compared to doing the flat smith machine press.
Smith Machine Incline Press How To
- Lay down on an incline bench, positioned just beneath the smith machine.
- Place the hands on the bar using a slightly wider than shoulder width overhand grip.
- Press up to unrack the weight and then slowly lower the bar down to the sternum.
- Pause in this lowered position and then press back up to complete the rep.
- Continue until all reps are completed.
Form and Technique
While doing this exercise, avoid hyperextending the elbows at the top of the exercise but rather keep a slight bend to maintain tension on the muscles at all times.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps