How To Do Incline Dumbbell Press
Incline Dumbbell Press Exercise
Incline dumbbell press is an amazing compound exercise that targets the upper chest that many people struggle building.
When done properly, the incline dumbbell press will help add strength, mass and definition to the chest.
Incline Dumbbell Press How To
- Set a bench to between 30-60 degrees.
- Sit on the bench with both dumbbells on the middle of your thighs. Keep both feet firmly planted on the floor at all times.
- Lie back into position and at the same time, press the dumbbells up into starting position.
- Lower the weight slowly in a controlled manner just until you feel a stretch in the pecs. Inhale.
- Press the weight back up explosively but in a controlled manner and then exhale. Lower and repeat.
Form and Technique
Avoid letting your lower back arch off the bench (to avoid lower back pain).
Also always be sure that you are fully warmed up before doing this exercise to reduce the strain on the elbow joints.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps