How To Do Svend Press
Svend Press Exercise
Svend Press is a great isolation movement you can use to specifically hit your inner chest with secondary emphasis on the front head of your shoulders.
The Svend Press is a perfect finisher to get a final pump at the end of your chest workout. This exercise is used primarily as a shaping movement.
Svend Press How To
- Get two barbell plates the weight of which you can handle comfortably for several repetitions. 2kg – 10kg plates should be enough weight.
- Find a strong, stable standing position where you have the best balance. Bring your lower back in and keep your chest out.
- Clasp the barbell plates with both hands in an “arrow shape” and bring it up to the centerline of your chest.
- Press the plates hard against one another to make your chest contract forcefully.
- Extend your arms straight out without locking your elbows. Don’t go over shoulder level. Then bring them back to the starting position.
- Always keep your elbows closed to your sides.
- Maintain constant tension throughout the movement.
Form and Technique
Although the Svend Press is known as a shaping exercise, it can also add size to your chest because it works on the principle of muscular failure.
The idea behind the Svend Press is to force muscular contraction and build muscle exhaustion via high volume work.
Remember to inhale at the starting position and exhale when you extend your arms.
Variations: Dumbbell Press (Palms Facing In)
Routine for Strength: 5 sets x AMRAP (30 secs rest between sets)
Routine for Muscle Gains: 5 sets x AMRAP (45-60 secs rest between sets)