How To Do Incline Bench Press
Incline Bench Press Exercise
Incline bench press is a great move for strengthening your chest muscles, while also hitting the shoulders to a large degree.
As it will work multiple muscle groups at once, this makes it compound in nature and perfect for gaining strength and muscle size.
Incline Bench Press How To
- Position yourself in an incline bench, inclined to around a 45 degree angle.
- Place your hands up on the barbell above you using an underhand grip that’s about shoulder width apart (slightly wider is permissible).
- From there, contract the abs and press the weight straight above the body until the elbows are extended but not locked.
- Slowly lower the weight down as you breathe in and then once in the lowered position, exhale and drive the weight straight back up to complete the rep.
- Continue on until all reps are completed.
Form and Technique
Be sure that you avoid arching the back too much while doing this exercise and always avoid hyper-extending the elbows, which would place too much strain on the elbow joint.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps