How To Do JM Press
JM Press is an excellent exercise to develop the triceps and also works the frontal head of the shoulders.
JM Press is best performed as the primary exercise to build triceps size and strength.
The form and technique of JM Press allows you to carry more weight than Barbell Tricep Extension.
You can also do JM Press after a heavy pressing exercise such as the Bench Press so that your elbows are warmed up.
JM Press How To
- Lie on a flat bench. Make sure your shoulders are firmly planted on the bench, feet flat on the ground and your back slightly arched.
- Take a close grip on the barbell that is slightly less than shoulder width.
- Un-rack the barbell and position it above your upper chest.
- Bend at the elbows and bring the barbell slowly down stopping short of touching the upper chest.
- Extend the elbows and press the barbell back to starting position by following the same bar path.
- Hold and contract the triceps at the top position for a count of “one”.
- Repeat the exercise until you have completed the targeted number of reps.
Form and Technique
When doing JM Press, imagine a straight line from the bar to your upper chest. Simply follow the straight line.
Do not move your elbows from position. Only your arms will move up and down.
Do not round your shoulders at the bottom position. Keep them secured on the bench.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps