Cable Concentration Curls exercise is an effective exercise that isolates the biceps and gives it good shape. It also works the forearm muscles.
Cable Concentration Curls is best done as a finisher in a biceps exercise rotation.
You can get better results by using light weights and focusing on good form and technique.
Cable Concentration Curls How To
- Set the pulley handle of cable machine at its lowest position.
- Grab the handle and move a few steps to the side to create tension on the cable.
- Bend over at the hip until your body is at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Let the curling arm hang down but maintain a slight bend at the elbow. Place the other hand on your hip for support.
- Keep an arch on your lower back and bend your knees.
- Take a deep breath, exhale then flex at the elbow. Contract the biceps and curl the handle toward the opposite shoulder.
- Hold the top position for a count of “one”.
- Resist the weight on the way back to starting position.
- Once you have completed the targeted number of reps, switch arms and repeat the exercise. Perform the exact number of reps.
Form and Technique
Keep your elbow steady. It should remain in line with your shoulder throughout the exercise.
Do not allow your shoulder to drift side to side.
Do not use momentum to curl the weight. Contract the biceps hard at the top position and do not lock out your elbow at the bottom.
Routine for Strength: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
Routine for Muscle Gains: 4-5 sets x 6-8 reps
How To Do Cable Concentration Curls
Exercises.com.au is Australia’s premier exercise and fitness website with over 1100 pages, 600+ exercise videos, 500+ articles on exercise, fitness, muscle building, strength training, toning, weight loss, nutrition, supplements and more!